Saturday, January 2, 2010

THING #4 REFLECTION:

So...had trouble registering with bloglines. Kept telling me I had to confim my account by replying to the email verification that had been sent. BUT NO EMAIL WAS EVER SENT TO ME! Not even after I proceded to click the retry many times! Hah - I am just like my adolescent students. And also like them, this repeated clicking of the button solved absolutely nothing.

Next strategy was to try and contact bloglines, but that was a week ago and still no response.
Finally, I reasoned that perhaps I could just begin adding my folders and see what would happen. So far, so good.

I don't know though, I feel isolated here, which is ironic since isn't the whole point that all these feeds are supposed to get me connected to the world? I have no idea why I never received the email and if my account is truly active.

I did notice another woman on the Wayne comment section said she had the identical problem when she tried to register.

As for the prompt question, I can't really feel overwhelmed by all the blog choices beacause I don't even know how to search for blogs on my topics of interest. Ah well, I shall forge ahead. Maybe the answer is in the next thingamabobber.

3 comments:

  1. When you first sent me your blog URL I read your things 1-3, but apparently something happened to that blog because they are gone and the link from the WSD 23 Things site that once worked, quit working. Anyway, I found your new URL and so you are once again connected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been awhile since I created my Blogline account but I think the same thing happened to me. So I did what you did and started to use it anyway, despite the inability to confirm the account, and it seems fine now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the feeling of isolation right now. I'm just getting going in the class and maybe that's the case with many participants. I think with students, we'd see a lot more activity. I read your comments on bloglines and I'm going to try them now. You've done a great job so far on your blog, Julie! You've motivated me to keep going. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete