Monday, February 22, 2010

Thing # 14 Delicious

Delicious Drives Me Crazy! I had to create a Yahoo site to sign in. The process DID NOT match the tutorial, and now I am not sure of my username in Delicious. Will the public see "JulianaFancher","J", or "Fanch"? I have no idea. I checked the settings. I tried to go back and check it out, but to change it would have been too involved. I never did sign the service agreement, but somehow it set up an account for me anyway.

I did bookmark some sites and create a tags-even a tag bundle. I wanted my students to be able to refer to it for a research project. I am unclear if they will be able to do this.

I just spent hours messing with this and although I see some potential uses that could be exciting, I am not sure I will be able to have kids access it the way I would like. Are my confusions typical or is my immigration status showing?

1 comment:

  1. On the Delicious site you can do a people search and enter a username. So I believe I found you under Julianafancher (as the username) but the title of your bookmark page is Fanch's Bookmarks. It contains sites about the Civil War, Holocaust, etc. so that must be you!

    ReplyDelete