Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thing 23!

I am still an immigrant. I guess I always will be, but I have toured this web 2.0 and discovered a whole new fascinating world. It has been a time consuming and sometimes frustrating journey, yet definitely worthwhile. Thanks, Kathy.

I hope the district will consider relaxing some of its policies as we begin our attempts to incorporate more and more technology into our classrooms. I am also concerned with resources. I have to fight to get time in the computer lab. I worry about inequitable access to technology for our lower income students. As I am a digital immigrant due to my age, will they become immigrants and be left behind by their wealthier peers?

My goals include:

1. Trying to get the blog that I started last year for ELL 8th graders going again.
2. Continue exploring wikis
3. Add to my delicious account and use it next week with the research project my students doing
4. Work on making my RSS feed more useful
5. Talk to my ELA colleagues about using Google docs

1 comment:

  1. What I admire about your goals is that your use of terms like wikis, blogs, and RSS indicate that you are moving beyond immigrant status with this "digital immersion" method of learning.

    ReplyDelete