Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thing # 19 Podcasts

I used a podcast earlier in the year, when I played a recording (oops-podcast?)from NPR for my students. I don't remember if I even knew it was a "Podcast". Podcasts will now be a tool I can use more deliberately. (-:

As usual I can get carried away searching for things. I just spent a lot of time checking out different podcasts. I am hoping to incorporate a computer station for my ESL class. I had a problem with the podcast series "Read Aloud"

http://esl-aloud.com/

for ESL students. I played a podcast and when I went to the next one in the series, instead of playing that one it kept returning to the original podcast and repeating it. Weird.

I also checked out "Storynory". I thought it would be too low for my kids, but then I found out it had a translator. All you have to do is double click a word and choose the language. This would be wonderful for my ESL students that are levels one and two and just beginning to learn English. Learning traditional stories found at this site would work well for one of my current students. Which computer should she use? If she uses my ITT computer it might run too slowly, and we need to get speakers with a headphone jack. I could use one of the laptops. I'll have to look into it.

I am frustrated because I was brainstorming uses for the Princeton Vocab Minute, and I saw a link to get the lyrics. But when I wanted to check it out, I couldn't find it. Bummer!

1 comment:

  1. This might be the link you lost.

    http://tprvocabminutelyrics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete