Sunday, February 28, 2010

THING # 22

Well, I started by imitating Courtney (imitation is the highest form of flattery, Courtney) and creating a wiki on grammar, but then I decide to try something different. I thought I could get my ELL kids writing collaboratively. So I created the following wiki:

http://everypicturetellsastoryroom104.wikispaces.com/

I took pictures from Flikr for my images. My idea is to either have them write short descriptive paragraphs and share or write stories together.

We'll see how it goes. I still have to figure out how to make student members and invite them. I haven't gotten that far. I know I don't want it to be public because that brings up too many issues.

2 comments:

  1. You'll find the permissions and invitation options under Manage Wiki. I like the Maasai Tribesmen photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could do anything that you could imitate, I'M TRULY FLATTERED"! You're too hard on yourself. You did really well. I'm still game for an ELL blog. I'm trying to create one for my class right now. Congrats on finishing the class!

    ReplyDelete